A couple of years ago, the only existing Association in Ilaro, Ifo, and Sango Ota catchment area was Ilupeju Baptist Association. The Churches in the Association were not able to function well in the Association, Conference and Convention due to long distance.
At the third quarter meeting of the Association held at Igbala Baptist Church, the same year one of the elders from Abule-Idi, Baptist Church observed that there remained only two families in the Church and it was becoming too difficult for them to cope with attending Associational meetings so he requested the Association to excuse them from coming to quarterly meetings of the Association. The Association responded to the observation by forming an adhoc Committee to consider the issue and suggest appropriate response to the house as soon as possible.
The members of the committee were:
1. Rev J.Ade Ogunwumi
2. Mr. S.O. Olagoke
3. Mrs. Babarinde
4. Madam Ademola
5. Mr. Ogun
REPORT OF THE ADHOC COMMITTEE
At the fourth quarterly Associational meeting held at Pakoto Baptist Church, the Committee submitted her report with the following recommendations:
1. That the Association be divided into three Geographical Zones
2. The biggest Church in each Zone should take care of other Churches especially the dying Churches in their localities and
3. That their spiritual and financial growth be reported at each Associational meeting as this would enable the Association regain her status both at the Conference and at the Convention. All the recommendations were unanimously accepted.
The next Associational Executive meeting held at First Baptist Church, Ilaro however revealed that people from certain section of the Association were not too comfortable with the report of the adhoc committee passed at the previous meeting. Their point was that Churches from Ota axis were trying to cause disintegration of the Association because of their financial viability occasioned by their being located in industrial area of the state. This generated lots of argument to the point that Churches from Ota axis most of which were planted by Lagos Churches contemplated returning to Lagos Baptist Conference. In the midst of this controversy, the Youth Fellowship and the Women Missionary Union from Ota axis, were making giant strides with other collegues in Ogun Conference. The Baptist Churches in Sango and Ota axis then wrote letters to the Lagos Baptist Conference and to the Convention to formally request for an Association. At the Conference in session held at Oja Odan in 2003, Rev Akin Osinubi. The Conference Secretary gave the report that the Convention was already looking into the matter. Eventually at the Convention in Session held at Abuja in 2004, the General Secretary Rev Dr S. Ademola Ishola announced the approval of Zion Association of Ogun Baptist Conference.
Rev. J. O. Olabiyi was the pioneer Moderator of the Association 2000 2004. They started their mini Association in the year 2000 before approval in Convention 2004. The present Moderator is Rev E. O. Oladoja from Christs Love Baptist Church, Isaka.
The Churches under the Association are:-
1. Araromi Baptist Church, Isorosi
2. Bethel Baptist Church, Ewupe
3. Bethel Baptist Church, Abule Oke
4. Calvary Generation BC, Iyana-Ilogbo
5. Christ Life Baptist Church, Owode
6. Christs Love Baptist Church, Isaka
7. Eternal Life Baptist Church, Owode
8. First Baptist Church, Oke-Osa
9. First Baptist Church, Owode
10. First Baptist Church, Oyero
11. First Baptist Church, Ogungbade
12. Fountain of Life Baptist Church, Owode
13. Gethsemane Baptist Church, Igbusi
14. Golden Rule Baptist Church, Ewupe
15. Grace Baptist Church, Ijako-Ota
16. Great Impact Baptist Church, Anisere
17. Igbala Baptist Church, Igbala
18. Living Grace Baptist Church, Arinko
19. New Glory Baptist Church, Kajola
20. New Kingdom Baptist Church, Ilepa
21. Olorunsogo Baptist Church, Iyana-Ilogbo
22. Olorunsogo Baptist Church, Sango
23. Praise Baptist Church, Sango-Ota
24. Redeemer Baptist Church, Konifewo
25. Strong Tower Baptist Church, Iyana-Ilogbo
26. Temidire Baptist Church, Sango
27. Victory Baptist Church, Owode
28. Victory Baptist Church, Iyana Ilogbo
29. Victory Land Baptist Church, Ilogbo
The Zion Baptist Association is much involved in Evangelism and she is moving forward to have more lands for Christ, being an industrial land for Ogun State.
The Association was inaugurated at Sango Baptist Church, Sango-Ota (Praise Baptist Church), on Saturday 30th October, 2004. The officiating ministers at the inauguration service were:
1. Rev. Dr. S. Ademola Ishola, The General Secretary Nigerian Baptist Convention
2. Late Rev. E. Akin Osinubi, Ogun Baptist Conference Secretary
3. Rev. E. A. Esuola, Ogun Baptist Conference Chairman
4. Rev. E. A. Adewemino, Consultant Ilupeju Baptist Association
5. Rev. J.A. Ogunwumi, Consultant Zion Baptist Association
6. Rev. J. O. Olabiyi, Moderator Zion Baptist Association
7. Oba Alani Oyede, Olota of Ota
8. Rev. S. O. Ojuade, 1st Baptist Church, Ota
9. Rev. P. A. Oke, Glorious Baptist Church, Afobaje
10. Pastor K. Ogunronbi, Ifeoluwa Baptist Church, Ilo Awela Road,Ota.
11. Deacon J. O. Fadipe, Zion Baptist Association Music Director
12. Deacon J. O. Taiwo, IfeOluwa Baptist Church Ota.
13. Mr. Tayo Adedokun, Zion Baptist Association Secretary
14. Mrs. Babatunde, Ogun Conference W.M.U. Director.
15. Mrs. M.A. Fannade
16. Dn. Dokun Gbolahan, Ogun MMU President.
As the association is on progress with development and we see the need to multiply. When we were still contemplating on how to go about it and the nursing the ambition in our mind, God intervene through His Servant, our able and dynamic conference president, Rev. J. B. Jayesimi.
The man of God in his own agenda as the leader had the mind of restructuring all associations for better performance as very important. A committee was created called Restructuring Committee to look into how this could be achieved.
Zion Baptist Association under the leadership of Rev. Oluwamuyiwa Ajiboye also set up a committee to look into how best the association could be restructured into two. The committee worked vigorously and it came up with her submission which was applauded and agreed upon during association general meeting on 4th July, 2009 at Victory Baptist Church, Iyana-Ilogbo.
Our submission was forwarded to the conference for endorsement. The conference endorsed at the convention also approved it. One of the funny aspect of the history was that Zion Baptist Association was pronounced at Abuja 2004 and at the same Abuja 201, Agape Baptist Association was also pronounced. Following the multiplication of Zion Baptist Association, the Secretariat of the association was moved from Praise Baptist Sango-Ota to Grace Baptist Church, IjakoOta, because Grace Baptist Church is more centralized than any other churches in New Zion Baptist Association.
The present Moderator is Rev. Emmanuel Olusayo Oladoja from Christs Love Baptist Church, Isaka.